In our opinion, the Miniature is hands down the best companion dog available to us today. There
are many, many reasons why we feel this way, and here are a few...
- Speaking generally, the Mini Poodle is loyal, affectionate, obedient, willing to please, easy
to motivate, territorial, compliant, and receptive to strange behavior. The MP is also generally
game to do whatever it is that you are doing at that moment. Meaning if you sleep all day, they
are laying right there with you. Or, if you go for a 10 mile hike, they are also right there with
you without missing a beat.
- The Mini Poodle is also one of the most agile breeds. They are able to jump great distances
considering their smaller size. And because they are easy to motivate, teaching them to jump is
a relatively simple task. In fact, teaching them anything is relatively simple compared to other
breeds. Mini Poodles, if taught correctly, generally enjoy "work" and are very enthusiastic about
the sheer idea of learning something new. All of these things make training a fun and enjoyable
experience which only enhances the overall ability of the dog.
Click Here to see Video
- Some of the activities people enjoy with their Mini Poodles are: Agility, hunting, hiking,
therapy work, trick training, obedience, conformation, detection work, and search and rescue just
to name a few.
- The breed makes an excellent watchdog. They are very receptive to abnormalities is the day to
day routine. They have a strong territorial instinct, which with a little encouragement makes them
very alert and responsible.
- Of course they are hypo-allergenic, which makes them suitable for all people.
- The grooming for the Mini Poodle can be as easy, or as difficult as you would like it to be. It
depends on the look that you prefer.